Bergenscanner.com shuttimg dow n

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

As all of you are aware I permanently moved from Woodcliff Lake down to Cape May a few years ago. Since then I have all but abandoned the work on Bergenscanner.com. Ironically the only updates I have done are o the Cape May page on the site. I have tinkered with the site for awhile now it's time to move on. I want to pass the domain onto someone else before I just get rid of it completely. I will also pass the information I have for the site even though itr's out dated

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your years of dedication Justin! Your site was my first online reference. Before that was Scanner Master and Police Call books alone. I too moved away from Bergen County many years ago otherwise I would try to help keep your legacy going.

Thanks for the service you provided to fellow Bergen County scanner enthusiasts throughout the years and best of luck in your new home.

I was wondering why I had not heard you on the146.835 (NJ2BS) repeater in quite some time!

jaymatt1978

Well it's official I just sold "bergenscanner.com" for $50.......not a lot, hope it's not turned into a Japanese language site or just sitting there collecting dust. History behind it, I started out on
Tripod with just my own frequency list bounced around, had someone else register the domain and asked I provide the Info. Long (really long) Story short I kept the site going for 15+ YEARS. Folks keeping track that's longer than my younger brother's been married. Bergenscanner.com WAS A GIFT. I met many friends face-to-face through it. I Including my BEST FRIEND, you know who!! I would have NEVER found out about Box 54 and Ramsey OEM if it wasn't for the connections I made through bergenscanner.com! I was inspired to get my amateur radio license because people I knew through it said I could do it. TECHNICALLY OLDER than Facebook, think about it. I also NEVER wo uld have become a "webmaster" if it weren't for the tinkering I did on Bergenscanner.com. Catch you folks on the other side...........This is Justin Mattes signing off.
P.S.I'll be obtaining "capemayscanner.com" shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.