Trenton PD with Uniden BCDx36HP or SDS100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobs

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is monitoring Trenton PD with either the Uniden BCDx36HP or the SDS100 please let me know if you're satisfied with the reception. I live in PA about 7 miles from Trenton and need some opinions before I invest in another scanner. Thanks....

kdean7

If anyone is monitoring Trenton PD with either the Uniden BCDx36HP or the SDS100 please let me know if you're satisfied with the reception. I live in PA about 7 miles from Trenton and need some opinions before I invest in another scanner. Thanks....
Bcd436hp with NXDN upgrade, in NJ about 4 miles from the city limit and picks up very clearly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hey Bob, it's Trentbob. I am not very happy with the SDS 100 at all as it does not do well on Bucks County simulcast system with lots of missed Transmissions.

It does however work well on Trenton nxnd. I use one of my three ground planes on the roof to pick up the two sites State Street and Hoffman Avenue from Bristol PA.

I don't bother to monitor the fire talk groups as the old UHF frequency rebroadcast all of them with a very strong signal.

Dispatch1, data2, Citywide 3, the two Street crime tac channels 5 and 6, conversation 7, supervisors 8 and CIB 10 are not encrypted. I have heard what sounds like encryption on Channel 9.

Whatever you do do not go near the rebranded GRE Whistler scanners. Trx-1 does not work a lick on simulcast in Bucks County and has many missed Transmissions on Trenton. Hope this helps.

bobs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bob.....
I currently monitor Bucks, Mercer,Hunterdon and the NJSP with a BCD996P2 with VG results. The only other jurisdiction, that I would like to hear is Trenton but to accomplish this I would be spending big $ for a scanner dedicated to one jurisdiction. If I bite the bullet it'll probably be the 436/536. Have you tried either one from your home for Trenton? Thanks...

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
If you are getting bucks good with Bearcat 996 P2 then you'll probably get them okay with the SDS 100 as long as you're sure you're not missing any Transmissions. I have a problem in the South part of the county because I'm right between the Bensalem and the thiokol and the falls Towers.

I only realized I was getting missed transmissions when I put the SDS 100 up against the apx 7000 and I was missing complete conversations. I don't have the NXND upgrade in the 536 or 436 but I've read that it does work I just don't know about Trenton. The 536 and 436 never worked well on the Bucks simulcast system where I live or in my car that's why I got the Motorola.

Status
Not open for further replies.