New Providence Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if New Providence Police has a new frequency? I have not heard any activity on their frequency in over a week.

Analogrules

me either

Yeah, I can confirm not hearing them either. They must have changed their frequency. Where??? I have no idea. It may be in the FCC database, I don't have time to look right now since I'm at work. If anyone has info, please post.

Analogrules

I just checked the FCC database and they don't seem to have any new licensed frequencies. They do only transmit using 40 watts of power in a very hilly area, so perhaps the signals are just not reaching that far anymore or they're having problems with their repeater. If that's the case, perhaps they are using their 453 MHz frequency designated for OEM/back-up purposes, which is even lower in power. We'll probably have to wait and see if someone who lives right in the New Providence area can confirm anything over there.

Analogrules

That's good news! They most likely used their lower-power back-up frequency while they had their repeater repaired.

stangwill182

Premium Subscriber
Yea, there radio system was being serviced for awhile, they were working on low power.

Status
Not open for further replies.