Fed UHF Unknown Freq Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmbobcat

Anyone know who may be using 410.56250 in the Alb metro area? Hearing P25 clear on the frequency? Good signal strength.

Dave

ecps92

Any chance of a NAC?? might help.

My only reference is the USS Freedom LCS-1 [$286] as part of their P25 Trunked Radio System

Anyone know who may be using 410.56250 in the Alb metro area? Hearing P25 clear on the frequency? Good signal strength.

Dave

kq5m

Feed Provider
NAC of 293.

Unlikely that this is a naval ship as Albuquerque is in the middle of the high semi-desert. Although there are naval units at Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB) from time to time (I see FA-18s there almost monthly). Does not appear to be part of a trunking system, although this could be a new addition to the KAFB/SNL/DOE trunking system at KAFB.

Dave

ecps92

Is that the same NAC that appears on the TRS at KAFB?
could be it then.

I was only pointing out, what I have caught on that particular frequency :) Unless they assemble them [test - burn in period] then ship to the vessel.

NAC of 293.

Unlikely that this is a naval ship as Albuquerque is in the middle of the high semi-desert. Although there are naval units at Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB) from time to time (I see FA-18s there almost monthly). Does not appear to be part of a trunking system, although this could be a new addition to the KAFB/SNL/DOE trunking system at KAFB.

Dave

nmbobcat

Thanks for the information Bill and Dave.

Picked up a second frequency with the same NAC of 293, 406.35000. Not nearly as many hits, 4 as opposed to 89.

Running Uniden scanners here so only recently have the ability to decode NAC, and have just started to use the capability to search out unidentified Federal frequencies.

Dave

ecps92

No Control Channels heard? Anywhere in the lower 406 ??

Just for Fun, expand out to 400-406 as well. :twisted:

Thanks for the information Bill and Dave.

Picked up a second frequency with the same NAC of 293, 406.35000. Not nearly as many hits, 4 as opposed to 89.

Running Uniden scanners here so only recently have the ability to decode NAC, and have just started to use the capability to search out unidentified Federal frequencies.

Dave

nmbobcat

The KAFB system is a Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface. RR does not list any NAC codes for any of the users, and not so sure how to program the system to see NAC codes since this is a mixed system. I'm gonna unlock the KAFB frequencies in my UHF search.

Also, two other frequencies turned up in my UHF search with a NAC of 293, 406.3625 and 415.3625.

Dave

abqscan

DataBase Administrator

Dave

Security Forces on KAFB. The last time I monitored it, it was 100% crypto so I've had it locked out. I'll have to give it a listen to see if its in the clear again. I don't know if they have this set up in case the LMR system fails or it just for coverage.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Also, two other frequencies turned up in my UHF search with a NAC of 293, 406.3625 and 415.3625.

Dave

I haven't logged any of the input freq to the LMR, so the upper freqs might be that. Also, I know that several agencies use radios for field tests and they are simplex and they were up in the +415Mhz.

nmbobcat

I've not identified any new control channels.

The comms are SP and are using unit names and location that are Kirtland. I'll have to program these new frequencies into the 996T and monitor them at the same time with the system in the 996XT and see if anything matches up.

Dave

I've not identified any new control channels.

The comms are SP and are using unit names and location that are Kirtland. I'll have to program these new frequencies into the 996T and monitor them at the same time with the system in the 996XT and see if anything matches up.

Dave

nmbobcat,

When you hear a transmission on one of those frequencies, do you hear a corresponding response on the same frequency after a squelch break? If yes, it might be a part of conventional scan (i.e., not in a trunk system); if no, it may be a voice channel that is part of a trunk system. Of course, you would not get the TGID if you are band searching. This is where knowing the UID (=RID) can help if you could remember all the UIDs from other trunk systems, and associate what you have with what you know. (maybe not ??? would UIDs show up if you are not scanning a trunk?? just a thought, anyway). Either way, fed, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.