Digital Scanner Signals in ABQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGNM

I've been away from the scanning hobby for quite a while. I see that LOTS of things have changed. I know that there currently no consumer scanners that pick up APD's digital provice signals. I'm working on a software solution for that.

In reading these forums I see that there some signal reports from forum members that require a digital scanner. My scanners are all analog. If I were to upgrade to a digital model what extra frequencies/services would I be able to listen to?

Thanks,

Tom
N.E. Albuquerque

n7exb

A number of federal agencies using P25 digital, Forestry, etc.
And of course if you travel, there are states all around us
Using P25. Also, I've heard from a good source that ABQ digital
System is aging, and their considering a P25 solution.
I just bought a GRE psr800 and very happy with it.

Terry

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Kirtland AFB/Sandia National labs are on a mixed P25-analog UHF trunked system and ABQ BLM is P-25.

Lebowski

OG Member
Premium Subscriber
Depends

If you just listen to APD / AFD and you're willing to upgrade to a digital scanner...consider another option like a PV radio. Of course, you can't scan anything else with that...

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
PV= Provoice. ProVoice is MA/Com's (formerly Ericsson) implementation of IMBE digital modulation for radio communications. It is not APCO-25 compliant, thus the reason digital scanners can't decode it.

EDACS Provoice - The RadioReference Wiki

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The end of this year is the time any new infrastructure can be ordered, however, current systems will be supported through the length of their contracts. Harris is pushing P25 as EDACS has been around since the 80's and one could say technology has advanced since then ;-)

Fowler

Premium Subscriber
Well the latest is a 700mhz P25 compliant system is on the wish list...but budgets being what they are...

Fowler

Status
Not open for further replies.