Socorro city/cty fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Did they switch freq's and just not tell anyone?
I've got 154.26500 simplex/csq in my state issued radio, as well as the two mobiles in the truck.

I've been down there frequently, including being in the county during that structure fire last week, and I havent heard a peep out of them at all.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
154.34 is only used as a 4-5 watt tac channel in the city.
Santa Fe (city) uses 154.34 as a paging channel (everything including dispatch is on trunked, but tones are simulcast on this VHF channel for interop and compatibility with the old VHF fallback) and despite the distance, you can hear santa fe's tones and traffic quite clear down in socorro county.

Socorro (city) FD is only licensed on 154.265, .31 (state fire) and .34

The County license was for future narrowband assignment. Looks like the only frequency thats common to the sites that matter is 154.8225, which my icom software insists is not a valid narrowband frequency... grr.

Next time i'm down for the day, i'll put all the new freq's in something and try to scan.

I just got my darn state radio BACK the other day, after it had to get 7 channels added for santa fe's new frequency plan.

SCPD

QRT
154.34 is only used as a 4-5 watt tac channel in the city.
Santa Fe (city) uses 154.34 as a paging channel (everything including dispatch is on trunked, but tones are simulcast on this VHF channel for interop and compatibility with the old VHF fallback) and despite the distance, you can hear santa fe's tones and traffic quite clear down in socorro county.

I will vouch for that. When I lived in Magdalena and was on their volunteer fire department we, and seemingly every volunteer department in the state, had our meetings on Thursday nights and we heard departments from Santa Fe to Grants and down to San Antonio (not Texas, but home of the Owl Bar and Cafe if it is still open) on 154.310. We tested our EMS radio (453 MHz) by calling Santa Fe but it went over a repeater, but sometimes we called on simplex and they would answer on a remote base near Santa Fe. The distances that VHF-High could be heard from in New Mexico were incredible. I could pick up the mobile VHF-High mobile frequency of the Albuquerque PD full quieting for units in the eastern portion of the city and marginally from old town near the Rio Grande.

I was at the top of the Magdalena Mountains once or twice in the observation room at Langmuir Lab. I had a whip antenna on a BC-210 and picked up the mobile side of units on the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest that were in the Lakeside, Arizona area. I never made any arrangements to go up there off-duty and put together a temporary roof top antenna. If I had I just wonder how far to the west I would have received. I never tried much for anything to the south, but I imagine that receiving El Paso traffic is not out of the realm of possibility from there. The islands of the sky terrain in the western 2/3 of the state makes for some fantastic listening. It's darn near enchanting!

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
my state issued portable is back at the vendor for a reprogram, i'll see if I have any updates on the socorro channels.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Bringing this back from the dead.
Uh. Still not sure where the heck Socorro went.
My state issued portable STILL has 154.265 listed as Soc Dispatch

Wouldnt surprise me if they narrowbanded, but dont know where.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
there are a couple of changes i need to update. I need to wait for a USB programming cable for my radio first to pull the changes out.

Need to update tone for sierra county, the new freq for Socorro, new tac channel for Sandoval, and I dont know if the dona ana page was updated for the change for sunland park.

Status
Not open for further replies.