LCPD 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the Las Cruces PD lately and noticed they've been referring to a channel 4.. I have my Uniden set to ID Search so it picks up anything that hasn't been programmed. Nothing picks up on this supposed new talkgroup. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Have you tried to use Unitrunker with your Uniden radio to map out the system? If ch-4 is Provoice, the scanner won't stop on it, but you would be able to see the TG being active.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
hmm

Haven't tried Unitrunker no.. But ProVoice? It seems unlikely but I hope they haven't started to implement that. Lol. I'll see if I can get Unitrunker set up to see what I can find out. Thanks! :)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I love Unitrunker! You can visually see whats going on with the system as the same time you hear the audio (as long as you have two scanners). You can also tag all the TG's and LID's from the radios. It also helps you find new Talkgroups too! It is a great tool!

SCPD

QRT
Last I thought there channel 4 was secure capable if needed. Not sure if its digital now but it use to be capable of user encryption for sensitive comms to knock out scanners. Not sure if it was pro voice with encryption.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
If it were ProVoice wouldn't it still show up on the scanner but not emit any audio? Hmm.. strange..

SCPD

QRT
Is it possible they were using portables instead of mobiles on the system in a direct fashion rather then repeaters or patched over for some reason to a diff talk group?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
If it were ProVoice wouldn't it still show up on the scanner but not emit any audio? Hmm.. strange..

No, it will not come across the scanner. The scanner detects that it is Provoice, and will ignore the TG. If you use Unitrunker, you can see the system, and then see what TG they move to when they switch.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
Ah okay.. good to know! Thanks. I haven't been around my shack much because I've been gone and about to leave again. Maybe someday it will all sort out.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
They were using channel 4 today regarding a stabbing today off E. Lohman close to I-25. The victim has been placed on a chopper to receive more and better care.

monk3yv

Premium Subscriber
I just heard some reference to "go to 4" as well. Would love to pinpoint this talkgroup ID

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
Woo. I'm slackin on gettin on the computer these days. @Go-West do you know what the talkgroup ID is for this channel 4? I haven't heard it as of late.. the only time I hear of it is late afternoon into the early morning.

Go-West

Premium Subscriber
I haven't ever found any activity with channel 4. It may be a stretch on my part, but maybe they are using a frequency from the past, maybe in the VHF or UHF band. Its just a guess on my part.

praxidike

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed on some of the new cars that they are using a big nmo antenna. I'm not sure if they're using that to patch with DASO? Last night i heard a DASO deputy on lcpd 3 during the events at Sears

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.