NM State Forestry 159.4200 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

Hi everybody,

I was just wondering what is up with the NM State Forestry frequency 159.4200 Mhz? I never hear any voices talking on this frequency however, I do hear occasional beeping that sounds like Morse Code on this scanner frequency on a daily basis on & off throughout each day.

Just wondering why this is & if the beeping that I hear is some sort of encryption or trunking being used on this frequency that I have programmed & monitor on my digital public safety scanner? New Mexican's, let me know what you think if you also monitor this specific frequency or begin to now.

oodnar

I have been monitoring it for the last few days. No voice audio, just the Morse Code. The Morse Code is the station identifier. The FCC requires that it the station identifier be broadcast at specific intervals.

Peace,
Randy

SCPD

QRT
As said a station identifier. Found on a repeater. The state has numerous repeaters or frequencies rather that exist, but catching use is another. One area or region it may sit dead other times it may be active in other areas.

A example is such as game and fish using nmsp, or local sheriff frequencies in some areas, they still have their own channels but some places they just utilize a district sp for primary information, a sheriffs office etc.

State Forestry also uses the federal national forest primaries in some areas for main comms for a dispatch.

Some will be mobile to mobile allot of the times. In reality allot of state departments are so small theu don't have a dispatch. Such as cyfd, or hsd, they do have them fancy quarter wave and uhf extenders or vhf long whips on trunk but have you ever seen them talking? Cell phones are easier for most. But they do have statewide frequencies.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
159.42 is forestry 1.
Expect it to be mostly dead outside of the summer tourist/fire season.
Your main traffic is going to be on Forestry 3 and 5. Local stuff on 5, and its not repeated.

CorwinScansNM

Your main traffic is going to be on Forestry 3 and 5. Local stuff on 5, and its not repeated.

OK?? What are those frequencies for Forestry 3 and 5? Those 2 numbers there do not mean anything to me or make any sense. Frequencies for Forestry 3 and 5 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.