NM SAR digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Don't think I have seen anyone ask but incase you missed it or wondered the SAR channels use a 293 default NAC for New Mexico, with F7E as recieve and in mixed mode in csq.

While analog is preferred equipment is being replaced with analog/digital capability.

Obviously the channels will be designated such and programmed accordingly so user knows they are digital or analog. With both options available.

As usual this is up to the IC what will be used in your area.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Don't think I have seen anyone ask but incase you missed it or wondered the SAR channels use a 293 default NAC for New Mexico, with F7E as recieve and in mixed mode in csq.

While analog is preferred equipment is being replaced with analog/digital capability.

Obviously the channels will be designated such and programmed accordingly so user knows they are digital or analog. With both options available.

Good information!

Thanks!

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps it may have been addressed, but to be sure, note that VSAR16 (aka NATSAR, SAR160, etc.) for national interoperability is designated in NIFOG as an analog NFM channel with CTCSS 127.3 Of course, any private SAR organization channels can be set up as the organization deems under its license, but VSAR16 is the de facto interop channel, so it should be maintained according to standards.

CorwinScansNM

Good to know & good information.

Note: Any new known frequency or frequency information for the NM SAR should be submitted here on Radio Reference for scanner listeners/monitorist with the easy web link listed below. That way, we the listeners who own scanners can simply download/import the updated or newly discovered SAR frequencies directly from Radio Reference through Sentinel Software, Free Scan etc.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=4895

SCPD

QRT
Perhaps it may have been addressed, but to be sure, note that VSAR16 (aka NATSAR, SAR160, etc.) for national interoperability is designated in NIFOG as an analog NFM channel with CTCSS 127.3 Of course, any private SAR organization channels can be set up as the organization deems under its license, but VSAR16 is the de facto interop channel, so it should be maintained according to standards.

Cbp utilizes it encrypted at times.

ecps92

All depends on whose Version of the CP is loaded.
Even have seen HSI using ENC on the Interop LE channels :evil:
Figures. The Feds are stupid enough to ignore their own guidelines. With all the frequencies they have access to, running encryption and/or digital on VSAR is just stupid.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Figures. The Feds are stupid enough to ignore their own guidelines. With all the frequencies they have access to, running encryption and/or digital on VSAR is just stupid.

In theory, CBP is following NTIA, not FCC guidelines, even on spectrum thats under FCC control (which the interop freqs are)

you have no idea how often each summer i have to deal with stuff like that.

also, when federal dispatch centers, who in theory follow NTIA guidelines, arent even sure what they are required to do, as far as sign in/sign off/ID requirements, and that becomes another argument.

SCPD

QRT
In theory, CBP is following NTIA, not FCC guidelines, even on spectrum thats under FCC control (which the interop freqs are)

you have no idea how often each summer i have to deal with stuff like that.

also, when federal dispatch centers, who in theory follow NTIA guidelines, arent even sure what they are required to do, as far as sign in/sign off/ID requirements, and that becomes another argument.

Exactly. Why you will may see on the national interops or other mutual aide channels start being programmed with digital capability and many are due to this.

Whether clear digital or secure it is being done in some places. I have seen federal in clear or secure on interops of various uses. Users do comment they get better reception range in digital then analog for most cases when it is used with feds running digital.

Another problem is some smaller dispatch centers do not train proper or instruct users on zones, uses, what they have or is legal. I have seen some use federal interops for daily side activity and it has been instructed to them not to utilize them unless a federal agency is involved. To make matters worse the dispatch will stay secure over them. So it's a mess in many areas, then the lack of programming or proper programming I won't even begin to touch on it.

For a side note those feeling they miss anything in the 3 counties in south NM using partial or full encryption your not. It has become more of a slang ridden, jokster use on the patrial side channels secure, interops, and even up to the ones using secure mode on dispatch primaries. The state needs to really step up, update its requirements and policies along with a modern communications guide. A few do not let SP access those secure channels and it ha become a free for all of questionable activity and use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.