Help Need Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

twanger

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I'm a newcomer that needs info on how to download data to my scanner. I've done the 3 things that the link said to do and I'm at a dead end. 1. became a premier member. 2. got Pro Scan software. 3. have a BCD396T. What's next?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Moved to the New User forum. Hopefully you will get some help from the folks familiar with your Radio/Software combo.

captclint

Mentor
Hello, I'm a newcomer that needs info on how to download data to my scanner. I've done the 3 things that the link said to do and I'm at a dead end. 1. became a premier member. 2. got Pro Scan software. 3. have a BCD396T. What's next?
Not sure what you have tried, but I think the next step is to use Proscan to log onto the RR database. I don't have proscan, but look at the manual/help file for how to download from RR. Then select your state and county, and what groups/systems you want to download. It should download those choices into Proscan. Once they are in proscan, you can download them to the scanner. If you have tried that, and did not work, then let us know your state, county, and your scanner model.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

The first thing to do is open a database file. Click on the database menu and choose "Open" or "New". Choose "New" if you don't have an existing ProScan database file on the hard drive.

Now go to the database menu again and click on "Imports" and then "RadioReference Web". The RadioReference Web form should come up. Now type in your RadioReference login info and click the "Connect" button.

Now you should be able to select the country, state / providence, county, etc... Once you find the system to import click the "Populate Tree" button and the tree will fill up with data.

Click on the box to check the item/s to import.

Click the "Import" button. The select items should now have been imported.

Keep in mine that the 396 is a single site scanner so if importing a trunking system and more then one site is selected, a message will come up telling you to only select one site.

twanger

Premium Subscriber
Thank You!

Now thats what I'm talking about!! Thank you so much for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.