BCT8 New User Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasport

I received this as a gift and it was preprogrammed with the local police and fire channels. I purchased ARC 8 to help me program the unit. I finally broke down and read all the manuals (BCT 8 and ARC 8). I live on Cape Cod and am using the State Police Trunk Tracking option which is Motorola Type 2 800 MHZ. I have entered all the necessary frequencies and then I entered only the talk group ids that I wanted to hear. When I set it to scan, I am getting all of the towns on the Cape and not the few I wanted. I thought the purpose of the talk group was to identify only the departments you wanted to hear.

I am assuming I am doing something wrong as the unit worked fine prior to me fooling around with it and adding a few talk group ids.... It is showing that I am scanning both HWY and PVT although I am trying to scan only PVT. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can filter out all traffic I do not want to hear?

captclint

Mentor
I have entered all the necessary frequencies and then I entered only the talk group ids that I wanted to hear. When I set it to scan, I am getting all of the towns on the Cape and not the few I wanted.
You may be scanning in the IDsearch mode instead of the IDscan mode. The former will bring up all TGID's.

Status
Not open for further replies.