programming question BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeez

Maybe I'm doing something wrong..... trying to program these in,
Scanner Frequencies: Bucks County Trunking System, Solebury, Pennsylvania

I made a MOT2/P25 system, with 2 sites and 2 talk groups in it.

used easy grab to input the sites and tg's.

I can do a service search and hear things per frequency, I can hit hold and just sit and listen to county talking on that frequency with various PDs, but when I have all this stuff in, its searching and I'm getting nothing at all.

I've attached a csv export from freescan, if anyone has a minute, could they load that up and see the RR link I posted and tell me what I did wrong? I only entered a few things so far, but its not working at all.

Thanks,
-J

Attachments

• bucksco.996.csv.zip
    777 bytes · Views: 44

jbeez

figured it out

I had to make it a custom motorla II system, the sites are mot custom/rebands and I had to enter info about the system band plan at the bottom. What I don't get is some other fields as well on the page.

Through fiddling I found the "Custom Frequency Table" settings go into that system band plan area.

What is "System ID List" used for? The page lists a "System ID" of 710B and a "Connect Tone" of 90.00

I'm not sure if I need these, and if I do where do they go?

Also I can select "Control Channel Only" should I do this? How do I tell the scanner what the control channels are? I mean the webpage lists them, but they are just entered as just another frequency in my scanner trunk frequencies tab.

Attached my updated file, should have all the stuff from that bucks page, along with the philly page. if anyone was interested.

Next thing I need to do is figure out how I can have my scanner just roll through say... bucks county system only

Attachments

• bcd396XT.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 40

cpuerror

You can ignore the system id and connect tone entirely, they are not important to us. You can use control channel only mode on any motorola system. In this case, you would enter only the red and blue frequencies you see. You don't have to tell the scanner which one is which, it will just scan them all until it finds a signal. Hope that helps.

jbeez

Thanks, I'm learning more and more each day, this is an extremely useful site.

Status
Not open for further replies.