New To the Scanning World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Hello all I just wanted to say hello and I hope that every ones weekend is off to a good start. I recently got got a Uniden BC 246t as a gift and cant wait to get home from work and give it a try. I have been reading the Users Guide via PDF and have yet to see any thing about reseting the scanner, I would hate to unknowingly make a change to it and not be able to get it back to the original setting. I did a search on Uniden's FAQ and they said to hold down 2 and 9 while turning on the scanner but it's not for my model. Also I was wondering if you all know of any other good on line resources, I have found some but there does not seem to be as many as I expected on line or I'm not looking in the correct places. Any leads would be great.

Thanks.
Kaiten.

captclint

Mentor
Last edited:

rvictor

Here's a link to a more readable manual that some find useful.

Easier to Read BC246T Scanner Manual

In addition to the USAD program from Uniden, both FreeScan and BCTool will work well with the 246T and they are free. They will allow you to download programming data for your area from the database here on RadioReference if you have a premium subscription. Even without the premium subscription they make data entry much easier than programming by hand and have features not included in USAD.

ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

bcTool

Dick

Kaiten

Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you both for the responses and the good links, I ll have to get this thing hooked up and how it all works. As I thought lol I changed something under the services search were its not showing the frequencies as it scans like it did. I tried the reset but that did not do it :) looks like I have some more reading to do.

Kaiten

JngIMassiv, thank you for the links to the WSP pages, I ll check them out as soon as I can get my usb converter working.

dannyhusk

Kaiten, welcome to the board from Michigan. this is the only place to learn scanning. I've been scanning for years, I use them In my job, (wrecker driver)

Kaiten

Danny, thanks for the welcome all the way from Michigan. This place is a gold mine and boy will I need it. I saved the factory settings of my scanner before tinkering with it and now that I have done so its not picking up any local channels. Looks like I have some reading to try and find a fix for my issue. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.