Programming the Uniden BC-246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomadtech

Hello I am new to scanners and I just purchased the BC-246T scanner with the ARC246 software. I was trying to program the frequencies using this software but without success. I was trying to add the frequencies from this site but a message came up saying I was not a contributing member. Can someone help me with some basic instructions to program this scanner with the frequecies from California/Santa Clara? I deleted everything that was configured from the manufacture thinking it would just start scanning my area and I could capture them Doh! wrong move. I would appreciate any assistance that any of you can provide.

Thank you very much!

steveh552

If you have the software, I would suggest spending the $15 and becoming a premium member here at RR. I did yesterday and it was so much easier to just import everything. I had programed about 8 systems by hand, it took me four or so hours, I now have 20 or so systems and it took 20 minutes.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Hello I am new to scanners and I just purchased the BC-246T scanner with the ARC246 software. I was trying to program the frequencies using this software but without success. I was trying to add the frequencies from this site but a message came up saying I was not a contributing member. Can someone help me with some basic instructions to program this scanner with the frequecies from California/Santa Clara? I deleted everything that was configured from the manufacture thinking it would just start scanning my area and I could capture them Doh! wrong move. I would appreciate any assistance that any of you can provide.

Thank you very much!
To upload the systems/frequencies automatically via the software (ARC and many others will do this) you need to be a premium subscriber. It will cost you $30 per year, $15 for six months and you can also buy a shorter time period one for $7.50 but you have to that by cheque or maybe money order since the credit card charge is like $5 or so.

Depejnding on howmmuch room you need it may be your best move to delete the factory programming as it will take a lot of space and you will only be able to use a fraction of it. Your best bet may be to get the subscription here and just upload what you need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.