Pro-528 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hz36t5

I just purchased a Pro-528. I live in the Dayton Ohio area. I also subscribed to RadioReference (Premium) as well as I purchased the ARC433 software. I installed the software and connected to the internet and found the trunked systems for Montgomery and Greene counties that I wish to listen to. Montgomery county shows Motorola Type II and Greene county shows EDACS Wide. I downloaded the Freq's/Trunk Info to the scanner. When I turn on the scanner and let in operate, I hear traffic in the non-trunked mode.

However when I Trunk button, once, I see the banks being scanned (M and E) to indicate the type of trunk to look for, but I never hear any traffic. The same goes for when I hold thr Trunk button and the display reads ID search or ID scan. It never stops on any of the banks/trunks.

As soon as I place the radio out of TRUNK mode (conventional) I hear traffic. What am I doing wrong?

When I look in the ARC433 software, it shows the trunk type for Montgomery County Ohio as E2-800 Motorola Type II 800 mhz. Status bit is not checked and control channel is Plan 1.

The Greene County EDACS shows Ed- EDACS Wide and the ID Format is blank. Also when in conventional mode on this bank, aater ALMOST every transmission, there are 5 High Pitched beeps after each transmission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SCPD

QRT
recheck the programming, EDACS must be in LCN order. also make sure each channel in in ED or MO mode as well as the bank(s)

raisindot

I just purchased a Pro-528. I live in the Dayton Ohio area. I also subscribed to RadioReference (Premium) as well as I purchased the ARC433 software. I installed the software and connected to the internet and found the trunked systems for Montgomery and Greene counties that I wish to listen to. Montgomery county shows Motorola Type II and Greene county shows EDACS Wide. I downloaded the Freq's/Trunk Info to the scanner. When I turn on the scanner and let in operate, I hear traffic in the non-trunked mode.

However when I Trunk button, once, I see the banks being scanned (M and E) to indicate the type of trunk to look for, but I never hear any traffic. The same goes for when I hold thr Trunk button and the display reads ID search or ID scan. It never stops on any of the banks/trunks.

As soon as I place the radio out of TRUNK mode (conventional) I hear traffic. What am I doing wrong?

When I look in the ARC433 software, it shows the trunk type for Montgomery County Ohio as E2-800 Motorola Type II 800 mhz. Status bit is not checked and control channel is Plan 1.

The Greene County EDACS shows Ed- EDACS Wide and the ID Format is blank. Also when in conventional mode on this bank, aater ALMOST every transmission, there are 5 High Pitched beeps after each transmission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This may seem really dumb, but having recently sold my 528 and Arc433 software, I had the same situation as you, so let me ask you two questions:

1. In the Arc33 bank pages where you have the frequencies, have you indicated that each frequency is a trunked frequency? If not, make sure you indicate that is is "on" or "yes" or whatever it is to designate it as trunked.

2. Where is your squelch? The manual recommends keeping it in the "middle" position to allow for better pick up of control channels. This is the best trunking advice I've ever gotten. I've done that with all of my scanners and it immediately improves trunking reception.

Suzie

DickH

You need to use PLAN 2 for the Montgomery county system. If you send me an e-mail with your ARC433 file attached I will look it over and try to get it to work.
DH1067 @ wmconnect.com (omit spaces).

I suggest you join this group. In the FILES section there are step by step programming instructions.
PRO-433_scanners : PRO-433 & PRO-528 Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.