FRUSTRATED - RS Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2kleen

I just got a RS Pro-106 scanner and cable for importing frequencies. Every time I import frequencies, it overwrites what's already on the scanner....I'm ready to throw the darn thing out a window! Can anyone help? Thanks!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I don't import and do not use software BUT, if you down load freqys the default ScanList where they will go is SL1, it has the "*"astrisk, you need to move the "*" astrisk to another scan list to put freqys else where...This may be your problem.....Press "SEL", then >or< to a new SL.....

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
What software are you using? Each let you select which scan list to import too.

N8IAA

I just got a RS Pro-106 scanner and cable for importing frequencies. Every time I import frequencies, it overwrites what's already on the scanner....I'm ready to throw the darn thing out a window! Can anyone help? Thanks!

You need to click on File, Save As, and create a file to save what is in the scanner. The easiet way to do what you want to do is to make a list of all that you want to import to the scanner. The web import allows you to pick which scanlist you wish to put the info. You continue to load info into the appropriate scanlists until done. Import it to the software, and save it as a separate file from the original. That way, you can tweak the radio however you want:) This is a simplified answer, but, you have a basic knowledge of the import process and the software. Let us know how it goes. Trust me, it was the same for me. I just went and imported a file from my Win96 software. Saw how the radio was set up from there, and wouldn't be without the scanner now!
Larry

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
What city county state do you wish to listen too. I have PRSEdit and willing to put together a file for you to start understanding the radio. Remember you cant really mess it up. If you wish you can send me a private message with the info. I'll need a email to send file to. To send PM click on my icon and select send message.

luv2kleen

WOW!!! Thanks for all the support! Jim, I'm looking for anything in St Clair County Illinois, Clinton County Illinois, and anything from Scott AFB, Illinois. Does PRSEdit have a tutorial? Do you get more features once the trial period is over? I really want to learn how to use this program...it's pretty frustrating to start. Maybe I just have to keep messing up over and over again until I finally get it????? Anyway, a HUGE thank you for all your help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.