Win 97 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

avflyguy

I've just gotten my R/S Pro97 Scanner and the guy I got it from was nice enough to load in some nice frequencies I am already using.

I've joined here for Platinum user and have D/L's WIN97 and extracted it.

Problem is, I can't get the help files to open, so I have no clue what I am doing other than just guessing.

I've connected and found some more channels/groups I want to add, but I don't want to delete what is already in banks 1-5. (6-9 are open).

Can anyone help me out here and shed some light on the WIN97 Help files and how to access them? I am currently on an unregistered account. It did say the program has full functionality for 30 days....

Also, I've extracted the program into a separate folder, and every time I click the icon, it re-installs. Where is the program icon that does NOT launch the entire program every time?

Thank you very much... Looking forward to learning quite a bit here..

swstow

Premium Subscriber
first---- what operation system are you on
second--- did you get a short cut on you desk top / if you did when you click on it their should be a check box on the bottom left ( kinda small ) saying dont show this again / if im right click on it

if you do get it working / when you page opens look for the tab scanner click it / then upload from sacnner / it loads you file / make you corrections / then on the file tab click save as / go back to scanner and click load to scanner and that should get you going

good luck

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Win97

I've just gotten my R/S Pro97 Scanner and the guy I got it from was nice enough to load in some nice frequencies I am already using.

I've joined here for Platinum user and have D/L's WIN97 and extracted it.
Welcome to RR. You'll find tons of information and help here.

Problem is, I can't get the help files to open, so I have no clue what I am doing other than just guessing.
WIN97 mimics the scanner. I strongly suggest that you read the manual for the scanner, then all of the stuff in WIN97 will make sense. Yeah I know the printed manual that comes with the scanner is horrible (it could be the worst manual ever), but there are alternate versions available. Check the Wiki section here at RR (Pro-97 - The RadioReference Wiki).

My feeling is that you should know how to manually program the scanner. I often want to make minor changes and don't always have a computer handy to do it.

I've connected and found some more channels/groups I want to add, but I don't want to delete what is already in banks 1-5. (6-9 are open).
Start out by reading/downloading what is currently in the scanner and saving it to a file.

You should be able to create a file of what is in the scanner now; download whatever you want new from RR; merge the data into one new file; upload it to the scanner. A great way to start out would be to add the new stuff to banks 6-9, if it will fit there.

Can anyone help me out here and shed some light on the WIN97 Help files and how to access them? I am currently on an unregistered account. It did say the program has full functionality for 30 days....
I don't understand why people have trouble with this, I never have. Let me ask you this - do you plan to keep the scanner? If so, I'd just register the software now. It is well worth it. But regardless, it does function exactly the same as the registered version.

If you did not get your software from the source (www.starrsoft.com), I'd suggest doing so. Make sure you have the latest version and all of the associated files.

Also, I've extracted the program into a separate folder, and every time I click the icon, it re-installs. Where is the program icon that does NOT launch the entire program every time?
This sounds like why things are not working for you. Extract files from the original ZIP file, put them into a directory of your choice. Right click on the desktop to create a shortcut, point it to the directory where you've stored the files, select the .exe file. Store the ZIP file if you care. When you register, make a backup of the email containing the key (floppy, CD, DVD, FlashCard, etc). Treat the key like you would a key to your house or car.

Last edited:

avflyguy

first---- what operation system are you on
second--- did you get a short cut on your desk top / if you did when you click on it their should be a check box on the bottom left ( kinda small ) saying dont show this again / if im right click on it

if you do get it working / when you page opens look for the tab scanner click it / then upload from sacnner / it loads you file / make you corrections / then on the file tab click save as / go back to scanner and click load to scanner and that should get you going

good luck

I've made some headway. I got the help files working. I think I may be on track now.

SEE the attached file below and let me know if this all looks correct.

www.allmyotherstuff.com/pro97/screen-shots.pdf

Next question is when I go to load stuff into banks 6-9 shoud I uncheck banks 1-5?

Status
Not open for further replies.