need help programming bcd396t

Status
Not open for further replies.

robk113

i just got the bcd396t scanner , and i cant seem to get the local freq's to work in a main system . but i can hear them and others i dont want in quick save trying to listen to mot p25 digital in sarasota. can anyone help me to figure this out freq's annd id's are in system # 1 -but still dont hear anything ! . thanks
rob.

ampulman

i just got the bcd396t scanner , and i cant seem to get the local freq's to work in a main system . but i can hear them and others i dont want in quick save trying to listen to mot p25 digital in sarasota. can anyone help me to figure this out freq's annd id's are in system # 1 -but still dont hear anything ! . thanks
rob.

Need some clarity as to what you have done, and what you wish to accomplish.

A link to the system(s) you wish to monitor would help.

Amp

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Irrelevant; both a P25 and type 2 Moto have a control channel that has a very distinctive, and annoying, sound. If you can't hear the CC, you can't trunk the system.

It might be best if you were to dump your programming; that way others can see what you have in your scanner currently. FreeScan works well with the 396, and as the name implies, it's free. Zip (compress) your results and attach them to your reply. Other FS users can then open your file and see what's up, The link is below;

http://scannow.org/

73 Mike

robk113

im hearing somthing now on bcd396t

thanks for all the replys .i am hearing one of the systems on the bcd 396t ,more then i was hearing before . ill keep working with it , what a difficult radio to program - what i can see by the posts everyone is having problems also . so much for so - called advancement in radio !

TonyM71

thanks for all the replys .i am hearing one of the systems on the bcd 396t ,more then i was hearing before . ill keep working with it , what a difficult radio to program - what i can see by the posts everyone is having problems also . so much for so - called advancement in radio !

I'm a complete newb to scanners. I got a 396XT last week and paid to subscribe here on RR. Using freescan and having it access the RR database I had my unit programmed in a matter of minutes and was listening right away.

If you haven't taken these steps, I think it's well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.