programing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

towman17

need help with programing channel sim 11 it came programd with opp but they talk alot about switching to sin 11 kawartha lakes region. my scanner is a bcd360t. how would i program ther helicopter as well?

N8IAA

need help with programing channel sim 11 it came programd with opp but they talk alot about switching to sin 11 kawartha lakes region. my scanner is a bcd360t. how would i program ther helicopter as well?

You need to be more specific about where you are located. I'm sure that someone out there knows where Kawartha Lakes is on the map of the world. It would be better to ask in the appropriate state or country forum located further down the forum page.
Larry

rvictor

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
I'll take a flyer here and assume you are talking about a 396T. If you have it programmed for OPP I will also assume you only have Trunking Systems in it. You will need to create a new Conventional System and within that system create at least one Group, then within that Group enter whatever Channels (frequencies) you desire to hear.

rvictor

Looks like Davidmc36 has got it. I missed the separate listing of conventional OPP frequencies. You'll therefore have a OPP trunked system and a separate conventional system for these frequencies. You can, of course, put other conventional frequencies in with the OPP conventional frequencies.

Apparently the sim stands for simplex. You'll have to experiment to see what you hear on that frequency and may not hear anything unless the transmitting station is relatively close to you. In fact, they may be using that frequency to keep sensitive information semi-private.

Dick

towman17

Thanks guys you have been a great help. Now i will try to figure out how to program it into my scanner.
I only found one freq for sim11 i am very new to this is this all i need to program it into the scanner. would anybodyknow the steps to doing this.

rvictor

Thanks guys you have been a great help. Now i will try to figure out how to program it into my scanner.
I only found one freq for sim11 i am very new to this is this all i need to program it into the scanner. would anybodyknow the steps to doing this.
Yes, that's all you need to program sim11.

Here's a link to a simplified manual for your scanner that you may find helpful in learning how to program and use it.

Easier to Read BCD396T/UBCD396T Manual

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.