How do figure out a trunking system freqs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

You can use unitrunker or some other type of decoding program. You have to tune into the control channel and let the program monitor the control channel for awhile and frequency and channel placement will begin to show up.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
is there a way to figure out a trunking system (freq, talkgroups, etc,)?
This question sounds a lot like "can you tell me what is wrong with my car?". In other words, more details are needed in order to correctly answer your intended question.

Is the trunked system Motorola, EDACS, LTR or something else? How one would go about figuring out a system depends first on which type it is. Some scanners can report the data you are looking for, and in other cases software running on your computer connected to a scanner may provide the information. Knowing which scanner(s) you are using would help us provide a better answer.

Finding all of the frequencies being used can be quite a task since some are hardly used. but perhaps you only need the control channel frequencies. Modern scanners only need the control channel frequencies for some types of trunked systems.

Do you want to know the talkgroup numbers, or do you want to know who is using them? Finding the active numbers is not too tough, but learning what they are used for takes either some 'inside' information or a lot of listening.

Is there a way? Yeah there are lots of ways. It all depends on what you exactly want to do, what you're monitoring with and what you know about the system already.

qlajlu

Silent Key
is there a way to figure out a trunking system (freq, talkgroups, etc,)?

Which system? It may already be "figured out".

This question sounds a lot like "can you tell me what is wrong with my car?". In other words, more details are needed in order to correctly answer your intended question.

Is the trunked system Motorola, EDACS, LTR or something else? ...Is there a way? Yeah there are lots of ways. It all depends on what you exactly want to do, what you're monitoring with and what you know about the system already.
In other words, you have not given us anything to work with here.

1. What is your location?
  2. What kind of scanner are you using (make & model)?
  3. What department, city, state are you wanting to monitor?

These are just a few things we need to know in order to give you a definitive answer. Like as not, the system is in the RR Database and all we need to know is which system it is to direct you to it.

C'mon. Help us out, here. Then we can help you.

Maybe you really do want to know all the mechanics of figuring out a system. We need to know what is on your mind.

HQradio

You can use unitrunker or some other type of decoding program. You have to tune into the control channel and let the program monitor the control channel for awhile and frequency and channel placement will begin to show up.
thanks any way everyone, the only normal answer was from this guy!!

i guess he's the only one that understands my language!!

good luck

DickH

thanks any way everyone, the only normal answer was from this guy!!

i guess he's the only one that understands my language!!

good luck

1 out of 4. If you were playing baseball that would be a .250 batting average - not very good. I guess we can call it a language average.- LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.