radio Shack pro-2050 programming trunked system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellis

I just got a pro-2050 cheap from the goodwill and dont know how to program the trunking stuff i live in randolph county NC i am not sure what info i need from the RR NC viper site Please help.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hi - to get you started, this article from our wiki will introduce you to what trunking does...

Trunking Basics - the RR wiki

The 2050 is a very old base version of the BC235 from Uniden, which was their first portable trunktracker. It can only trunk 800 mhz analog Motorola systems; the VIPER database shows that it has a large number of digital talkgroups, which the 2050 cannot handle.

The VIPER database is here...

Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Trunking System, Various, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

your first task is to select the site(s) that are closest to you. Next is to find something with an 'A' in the mode (that means analog). The Highway Patrol is largely analog (it does have some digital which you will not be able to hear) as an example.

Out of the VIPER system, what do you want to be able to hear? Keep in mind that you have a fairly limited number of talkgroups (think users for now) that the radio can handle

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.