Scanner Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai777

I have three older Bearcat scanners in need of repair. BC300 (Bad audio) BC211 (AC power not working), and BC20/20 (poor reception)
Does anybody know a good place to send them in to get repaired and/or updated? I live in MN.
Thanks for any information.

jack103

Premium Subscriber
I have three older Bearcat scanners in need of repair. BC300 (Bad audio) BC211 (AC power not working), and BC20/20 (poor reception)
Does anybody know a good place to send them in to get repaired and/or updated? I live in MN.
Thanks for any information.[/Q

Just use the search button on this page for":scanner repair" Its so easy a cave man can do it!!

kai777

I did use the "search" option first, but didn't really find any place that worked on vintage scanners.

DickH

Thanks for any information.

For what it will cost for shipping, repais, etc. you are much better off to buy a new scanner.
My guess is it will cost you $200 or more.

kai777

For what it will cost for shipping, repais, etc. you are much better off to buy a new scanner.
My guess is it will cost you $200 or more.

I have a bunch of new scanners. I was hoping to keep the old ones going. I decided to send them in to G&G Communications and get a quote. If the quote is too high, I guess they can go in the dumpster.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Uniden

I have a bunch of new scanners. I was hoping to keep the old ones going. I decided to send them in to G&G Communications and get a quote. If the quote is too high, I guess they can go in the dumpster.

UNIDEN may give you FLAT RATE service. They at one time repaired a scanner for me that was made before UNIDEN bought out BEARCAT. It kept losing memory (it was one of the 1st scanners after the 210XL line w/o a 9 volt battery)

mule1075

Feed Provider
hope it works out for you if it was me i would just scrap the 211 and 20/20.the bc300 on the other hand i would get repaired if it is not too expensive one of the best analog scanners i have ever owned.

kai777

I ended up sending the BC300 to G&G. Junking the other two. Uniden no longer works on older units. Thanks for all the help.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if people here have used G & G Communications - Scanner Radio Sales & Repair and what they think of the service. I know they have been around for some time

Garry

kai777

I sent my older BC300 to G & G for repair. They did a great job at a good price. Unfortunately most police and fire departments are switching to the 800 frequency. So these older units are becoming obsolete.

mark40

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if people here have used G & G Communications - Scanner Radio Sales & Repair and what they think of the service. I know they have been around for some time

Garry

I've been a G&G customer for many years, highly recommend him. He's very busy so sometimes you might wait awhile, but the fact he's in demand is testimonial to his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.