New User BCD996Xt-----Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLP

Premium Subscriber
I have just got the BCD996xt and the ARCXTPro Software... I am learning it daily. Its a great scanner but you have to be patient in learning it!!

I have the Fire Tone Out set up to 0 on the A&B tones and it works Great! My question that I can't seem to find the answer too is:

In the Virtual Control mode with the software logging will it log the fire tones while the scanner is in scan mode if any tones are sent???

Also if the scanner is in Silent Search Fire Tone Out mode and more than 1 set of tones are sent can I find them? and How?

I really appreciate any help, I am not dumb..lol..but this is a new learning experience for me.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No you can't use the scanner to log fire tone outs and do regular scanning at the same time. It's one or the other - not both

best regards..Mike

captclint

Mentor
Also if the scanner is in Silent Search Fire Tone Out mode and more than 1 set of tones are sent can I find them?
No, not easily. The software logging will find the 1st set only. Sometimes, you can turn off and on the tone out function using the virtual controls quickly, before the next set of tones have finished, but I have had very little luck doing that.

What I do instead is to keep a file of all the 1st tones sent. I actually copy and paste directly from the software log into a file. Eventually, they dispatch the "other" sets 1st and I can get them that way. Of course, if you do not hear any audio after the tone(s) have finished, you won't know who was dispatched, but they always mention the fire companies in the order that they were paged in my county. Another advantage to keeping a file is that you can see the minor variations in the tones(there is always some inaccuracy/variation in tone ID) and can sort of take an average of the set of tones for each agency to come up with the closest match.

Last edited:

MLP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks so much for your help. I am slowly learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.