Yupiteru MVT7100: help needed, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

G8UYZ

Forgive me if this is the wrong question in the wrong place; please forgive a newbie.
I do not know how to get my MVT7100 to listen and scan where I want, even if I use the "Owners Guide" by N2MCA. I suspect that most of it is because I do not understand what the lables mean.

Can someone please point me in the direction of a Newbies Guide to scanning receivers ?

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I had a Yupi for a while and it took some time to learn to program and to assign freqs. to scanning banks and then to get it to scan. I also used that same guide you mentioned to learn my radio. I had picked it up used through e-bay and all that came was the radio itself. It was a very sensitive receiver but compared to todays scanners, it did not function the same. Great radio though. Sorry I do not have anything concrete to offer you.

One thing I did was to re-write the instructions on small cards that I could carry easily that pertained to specific operations such as getting it to scan.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I will look around but I think when I sold the radio I gave them to the new owner. I had copied the text out of the manual for the cards. I found the manual is not well organized. If I recall, you had to get into the program mode, select the band you want to monitor, enter the frequency then assign a bank location and save it.

Don't give up just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.