396 XT Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopfeiff

Looking to have the multicolored display stay illuminated (in any color) once the unit is turned on and plugged in. Seems very hard to read without backlight. Can this be set at startup? Is the only way to illuminate by pressing a key?

Can one set the unit so that when a frequeny triggers the display lights up?

Newbie with bad eyes.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
The lower left button will toggle the backlight on and off with a short press. This is the same button to power the unit on and off. In the main menu under 'Settings' the first option is 'Set Backlight', under that is 'Set Mode' with options of '10 sec', '30 sec', 'Squelch', 'Keypress', and 'Infinite'. The other settings for the backlight can be found in the 'Set Backlight' menu.

Mike

jopfeiff

Thanks

Mike
Thanks for the reply. I'm good with the settings, although I. Can't seem to figure out what "infinite" setting does. Really trying to get the display to stay Illuminated from the time I turn it on.

kb7yvx

Mike
Thanks for the reply. I'm good with the settings, although I. Can't seem to figure out what "infinite" setting does. Really trying to get the display to stay Illuminated from the time I turn it on.

then use the infinite setting then to always stay on
thats what it is used for till you hit the backlight key if you wish to shut it off

jopfeiff

Thanks again

I think it was user error as I wasn't saving the config before i sent the informaiton to the scanner. Thanks to both of you for the replys and the reference to the guide!

john

Status
Not open for further replies.