Newbie Needs Live Support (Tulsa OK or elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeHowie

Premium Subscriber
Despite 50 years' experience using AM/FM car radios, I have not been able to master the BearCat 346XT. I've tried reading the Uniden (non)documentation, found the Easier to Read guide to be much better (e.g. at least it tells me where the Function and Menu keys are!!), and I've been able to use the ARC XT Pro software to download RadioReference data and get it loaded on the 346, and I can do the basic listen to the local police channel. However, I'm struggling to become proficient and do some more advanced things like Close Call, Custom Search, using Quick Keys, understanding the difference between Quick Keys and Number Tags, switching between Systems, incorporating scanning and searching, etc. The Dummies book was too general to be helpful, I've got the concepts, I just need help in the execution.

I'd love to be able to find someone in the general Tulsa area who might be willing to spend an hour or so walking me through things, I think I'm just missing some basic idea or step. I'd also be happy to pay for some support or make a donation to a club or charity or something for either someone local or someone outside the area who could get on the phone with me for an hour or so.

Thanks! To the extent I've been able to get it to work I've really enjoyed the 346XT, I think it will really be fun if I can eliminate the aggravation factor.

Incidentally, kudos and thanks to the organizers of RadioReference, it is incredibly well organized and has been a beacon of hope in my journey to understand how my radio scanner works. I've tried calling various places and while nobody has been able to provide the detailed help I want, anybody with at least a basic knowledge points me back to this site.

rwier

.............................I'd love to be able to find someone in the general Tulsa area who might be willing to spend an hour or so walking me through things, I think I'm just missing some basic idea or step. ........................

I believe that is has been stated on these Forums that the area of OKC has begin using a system that is "un-scannable". I hope this has not migrated to your area. Locals will know.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.