Book or net scanner learning suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheels47130

Premium Subscriber
Yep, I'm new and loving my pro 164 scanner. I'm picking up a lot of things. I'm now working on organizing. I'm wondering if any could suggest a book or website to learn more about tac channel numbers and LE channels? I don't want to drive people nuts here :) it's my job to learn the main stuff.
It sure is fun on here though. Members have been so helpful!

Thanx

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We can be a whole lot more specific than that. In this hobby, information is king, so the more sources you have, the better.

Let's start with the resources we have here - note that anything blue is a link of some kind...

Volusia County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

This is our database entry for Volusia County, where Daytona Beach resides. At the bottom of this listing are the known trunk systems in the area

If you go to the top right of the article, and click on the WIKI button, you will go to our Volusia County wiki. This holds a great deal of non-database type information, still scanner related, for that area.

Here's our Florida forum...

Florida Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

There are 2 other websites that may also have information on that area (how up to date, I don't know - I'll leave that to the Florida scannists to say)...

East Central Florida Scanner Page

SpaceCoastComms : SpaceCoastComms

HTH...Mike

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Yep, I'm new and loving my pro 164 scanner. I'm picking up a lot of things. I'm now working on organizing. I'm wondering if any could suggest a book or website to learn more about tac channel numbers and LE channels? I don't want to drive people nuts here :) it's my job to learn the main stuff.
It sure is fun on here though. Members have been so helpful!

Thanx

Here is the link for the manual (I won't make you search for it) Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual

Also check out Pro-164 WiKi page

As far as websites go, RadioReference is the BEST.

Last edited:

Wheels47130

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I'm reading the revised manual you sent. It does seem to make more sense.
I'm starting to learn and will help others when I get it all :)
I'm disabled and in a wheelchair. I get out and do photography however when I'm stuck inside the scanner sure is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.