Newbie with simple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeiznuts

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I just found out about this site today. I don't have a scanner so I'm going to use my computer for streaming. Question 1. I live in Waukesha, WI. Apparently nothing is going on because I'm not hearing anything at all. Am I doing something wrong? Question 2. Yesterday there was an incident directly across the street from me. How do I find out why 3 cops came out of that house? I have to get ready to go to my brother's house, so I can't read any entries or responses right now. I will, however, be very interested in any words of wisdom attached to this thread.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Question 1. I live in Waukesha, WI. Apparently nothing is going on because I'm not hearing anything at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Have you tried the web player or any other media player? I just opened up the feed and I'm hearing audio just fine.

Question 2. Yesterday there was an incident directly across the street from me. How do I find out why 3 cops came out of that house?

Besides going over and asking yourself, the archives would be the second best answer. You seem to have already purchased a premium subscription, which should give you access to the archived audio. That may let you hear the reason they were dispatched to the house. A direct link follows:

Feed Archives for: Waukesha County Law Enforcement Dispatch

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hello lifeiznuts...

I don't have an answer to your question, but I did want to welcome you to RR. Glad to have you aboard.

Russell

lifeiznuts

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the welcome

Good grief! I completely forgot that I had subscribed to this. My son just reminded me. There is still trouble at the house across the street. I'm listening to dispatched from the archives for today, but I wish there was a way to figure out which is which. There were 2 squads over there. Total of 4 officers went inside. Of course, now I'm REALLY interested in what is going on.

Question for you: Is there a chart or list of codes some where?

AC2OY

Welcome life find out what type of system your locals are using then purchase the proper scanner then you might be able to listen live!! Hopefully they aren't encrypted then you can't monitor. Good luck!!!

Blackink

Found this from another posting on 10 codes...

Question for you: Is there a chart or list of codes some where?

Hi and welcome to RR.
I found this from an earlier forum post if Ten Codes are indeed what your looking for.

I think he's looking for a listing of all the 10 codes and their meaning. That is a loaded question because not all agencies use identical 10 codes. Here in northeast Wisconsin it is primarily the APCO ten codes that are used, but it may be different for the agencies you listen to.

http://www.apco911.org/new/commcente...ds/10codes.pdf
Ten-code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.