I Need some Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryMcCree

I have a Radio Shack Pro-106 I live in Toledo Ohio I had it programed by a former employee of RS and I get a strong signal on the meter but it dose not sound very good in the store it was great no cutting in or out but in my Apt sounds nothing like it did in the store. I was hopeing somebody on here from Toledo could help me Please re-program this radio or something to spend 400.00 dollars and be on disability is very hard will be very grateful if somebody could help me TY

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
It appears your area is using this system now (anything in blue is a link):
Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System Trunking System, Toledo, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

It looks like that RS employee programmed your scanner for the old VHF/UHF frequencies.

Here are some links to help you with programming:

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier to read Pro-106/197, GRE PSR-500/600

Either way is going to require you to spend some money! (Having someone program it for you, or buying cables and all that)

JerryMcCree

Ty

yes I am hopeing somebody from here in Toledo cold contact me to stop by a maybe re-program it, but I thank you for your help very much

jfhtm350

Do you have the cable and software to program the scanner?
If you did and knew how to work it, someone could probably program it for you and send you the file for you to upload to your scanner.

You may have better luck posting in the Ohio forum or possibly Michigan since you live on the border.

puterman

Post in the Ohio forum and see if you can find a fellow user to help.
Might be someone living close by that can help you or tell you who could.

JerryMcCree

I have my Pro-106 that the Late Jim Fellers programed for me. he did a great job but I would like to know if I can take that 106 and put that info on to a HOME PATROL 1 ????????

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
I have my Pro-106 that the Late Jim Fellers programed for me. he did a great job but I would like to know if I can take that 106 and put that info on to a HOME PATROL 1 ????????

To the best of my knowledge, no. I don't believe there is any way to do that! Plus, the Homepatrol already has all the TGIDs, and a frequencies built-in!

Status
Not open for further replies.