How do I set up Radio Shack Scanner to trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a radio shack Pro433 and cannot figure out how to make it trunk. I have read the book, tried doing search and everything the book says to do, but the only think I get is static from the channels I have entered. Does anyone have any new frequencies for Roanoke, Virginia City Police.

Also if someone could give me a step by step simple instructions on how to set up the scanner, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
I have a radio shack Pro433 and cannot figure out how to make it trunk. I have read the book, tried doing search and everything the book says to do, but the only think I get is static from the channels I have entered. Does anyone have any new frequencies for Roanoke, Virginia City Police.

Also if someone could give me a step by step simple instructions on how to set up the scanner, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

What system are you trying to monitor?

N8IAA

Thanks in advance.

Best asked in the Virginia state forum.
Larry

DickH

If this is the system you're trying to monitor (Roanoke City / Roanoke County (Motorola) Trunking System, Roanoke, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies), this system has been rebounded and the Pro-433 is NOT rebandable.

Since all the freqs. in that system fall within the standard (non-rebanded freqs.) band plan, the PRO-433 will be able to work 100% on that system.

If you join my PRO-433 Yahoo group (Free), you will find step-by-step programming instructions in the FILES section.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PRO-433_scanners

Last edited:

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
Since all the freqs. in that system fall within the standard (non-rebanded freqs.) band plan, the PRO-433 will be able to work 100% on that system.

If you join my PRO-433 Yahoo group (Free), you will find step-by-step programming instructions in the FILES section.
PRO-433_scanners : PRO-433 & PRO-528 Scanners

You're right, sir! I'm trying to monitor traffic here in SE Texas and 5 other things at the same time... :lol:

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for all the help so far. I did joing the PRO-433 Yahoo Group. I do not know much about the trunking and other things. The previous scanners you just entered the frequency and away you went. But with this new scanner,, I just cant figure it out.

Again thanks for all the info so far. Will look for other info. Maybe someone has the correct frequencies.

Thanks

n5ims

Looks like what you're looking for is on this system (Roanoke City / Roanoke County (Project 25) Trunking System, Roanoke, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies). One major issue though, is it's a P-25 digital system so your scanner can't pick it up. You'll need to get one of the newer digital scanners to get it.

The "static" you're hearing is most likely the digital noise and not actually static. With a compatible digital scanner that "digital noise" should majically transform into "Unit 12 in route" (or whatever the traffic happens to be at the time).

Since you're having issues programming already, it may be a good idea to get one of the digital scanners that include the complete RR database on an SD memory card (upgradable so it shouldn't go out-of-date even) like the Uniden HP-1 or the GRE PSR-800. "Programming" changes from a complex entering of system frequencies followed by talkgroup IDs, blah, blah, blah, ... to using the menu to select what you want from a list (you generally can even shorten the list to those nearby the zip code you entered to make it even easier - e.g. you only get Roanoke VA systems and not those from Roanoke TX as well!).

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the Info

Thanks for all the info. I am starting to see my way around on this web site forum. I will look for another scanner. Thanks to all who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.