Mac version of Freescan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richsvt

I have been looking around and cannot find any software for the Mac that allows you to program a scanner with a Mac. I just got a BC125AT and would love to use my Macbook Pro. Anyone have any suggestions? I do have access to a PC but it is for work and they frown on adding non-work software to it.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
May I suggest another approach?

Since the MacBook is intel-based, the chip runs Windows OS just fine. What you can do is configure your MacBook to Dual Boot. This is a tried and true method of having multiple OS on one device, you only have to boot into one, then when done boot back into the other. Perfect for seldom-used operations such as programming a scanner. I would suggest using Windows XP 32-bit; Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 are overkill for what you need to do.

How to Make Macbook Dual Boot With Windows | eHow.com

My son , my nephews and my dad all use MacBooks and wouldn't do without them, my son dual boots into Windows for work and it is an approved use for his work MacBook.

Last edited:

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Run Windows on your Mac using Apple BootCamp, Parallels, or other VM. You may never see a Mac version of software for any scanner.

richsvt

Thanks for the advice. I knew about thew dual boot capabilities but don't want to get into that. Sounds crazy, but I'm kind of a purist when it comes to my machines. I do not want to put windows on my Mac. I may end up just looking for a cheap netbook to use if using windows is my only option...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
One other point here - FreeScan won't work with the 125AT. That software is designed for the Uniden DMA scanners, of which the 125 isn't one of them

Mike

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

And the software for the BC125AT is free download from Uniden.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to install Windows on a USB thumb drive simply to modify Freescan files for actual programming on a PC when available? I just want to boot Windows for Freescan on my Macbook, which I have more free time with than my PC.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.