Status
Not open for further replies.

Scannerfan15

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
I use them on one of my 4 feeds.. They work good but you may need to attenuate the input from the scanner to prevent distortion. Listen to the Harford County Maryland Fire, EMS and police feed on broadcastify.com if you want to hear one live. It is being fed from the line output jack on a HP-1 scanner

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
I was referring to the USB audio cards not the optical USB interface in the last post

SCPD

QRT
USB sound cards are ok. I would pickup a handful of them cause they do tend to just stop working for no reason. You will need to shut off the mic input gain setting via the sound settings/recording properties. If you not running a feed I would just consider using r820t sdr for disc audio via SDR#

rtl2832u r820t SDR - YouTube

Scannerfan15

Premium Subscriber
USB sound cards are ok. I would pickup a handful of them cause they do tend to just stop working for no reason. You will need to shut off the mic input gain setting via the sound settings/recording properties. If you not running a feed I would just consider using r820t sdr for disc audio via SDR#

rtl2832u r820t SDR - YouTube

I have one and have terrible performance, everything's very weak.
http://forums.radioreference.com/software-defined-radio/261735-rtl-2832-help.html#post1926427
Can you give me some advise and tell me your setup.
Thanks

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber
I have several. They work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any spelling errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.