New GUY looking for a little info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb1

Premium Subscriber
Ok here goes i'm in Ohio. Huron County. Norwalk i listen to EVERYTHING i can pull in.I have a BC785D (love it). Anyways i have it on a Scan Master- WBD-40 discone antenna running RG-8U coax.All my ends have compression connector's.O yea i use SCAN CONTROL to program my scanner.Not very good at it don't really understand the trunking thing. I know where the LINK is here but i STILL DON'T GET IT ( LOL ) Anyways i Guess my QUESTION IS ??????Dam it took a long time to get to this (lol) How do i figure out my range and my signal strength.what splitter is a good one because next month I'm going to BUY the HOME PATROL and one is going in my work shop BC785D (basement) and the other upstairs.I Guess I'm just looking for as much INFO as i can get from ALL you Guys n Gals here.I have been LURKING here for a wile now and the information HERE (RR) is Great the answers here are straight forward and EASY to understand. ( THIS PLACE IS A GOLD MINE ON INFORMATION) Thank you all for reading my babble any info would be greatly appreciated. OH yea my antenna is outside 8 Foot above the peak and 50 Foot off the ground.

THANK YOU ALL CEB1 .

Attachments

• antennahouse1.jpg
    antennahouse1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 513

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by your "figure out my range"?

Homepatrol-1+Extreme Upgrade will RF Power plot a signal (signal strength over time).

Status
Not open for further replies.