Need some help with 996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2ahz

Premium Subscriber
Hello to all,

My name is Chuck and I am a new 996xt user. I have been able to get the VA state police system working. But I am now trying to get the Mecklenburg Electric coop system and I am really lost Can any one help. They have sites in Emporia VA Gretna VA & Chase city VA that is the one I am near. I do not know what type of system it is execpt I have found a lot of VHF 150.00 freqs listed for them. . I have found one freq that i hear voice traffic on from them 153.695 but it has a pulsed carrier on it all the time and locks up the scanner
Any help would be great

Thanks
Chuckk
KB2AHZ

captclint

Mentor
Hello to all,

I am now trying to get the Mecklenburg Electric coop system and I am really lost Can any one help. They have sites in Emporia VA Gretna VA & Chase city VA that is the one I am near.
Welcome to RR. You will get better response in the VA forum, so I asked to move it. in the meantime, I believe this is the system of interest: WQIU919 (Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative) FCC Callsign Details It describes the system as conventional, but that is not guaranteed. Someone who has monitored this should be able to confirm, since it is NOT in our database. The FB2 class are what you want to monitor. If you hear voice, and you hear the entire conversation all of the time on any of these freq's, then it is probably not trunked. However, I don't see 153.695, so it's probably 153.6575

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.