New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
What is your question? We can start here and move to the appropriate forum if/when needed.

Bbowman2002

Premium Subscriber
I have read a lot on here about antennas for apartments but have yet to get a clear answer. So here is my setup. I live on the bottom floor of a two story apartment. I have no access of a attic. I have no way of setting up a antenna outside. All I have is a window that I can put a antenna in. I listen to multiple freq ranges. 45.000 through 400.000. I also listen to a trunked setup also. So I guess the question is... What is the best antenna for being stuck to inside only and get the best reception? The scanner I have is the Uniden bct15x. I already have a pre amp setup on the connection on the scanner. Oh and the distance to the dispatch is roughly 10-15 miles as the crow flies and I live in the rolling foothills of northern Ca.

Thanks Guys

Arkmood

I also listen to a trunked setup also. So I guess the question is... What is the best antenna for being stuck to inside only and get the best reception? The scanner I have is the Uniden bct15x. I already have a pre amp setup on the connection on the scanner. Oh and the distance to the dispatch is roughly 10-15 miles as the crow flies and I live in the rolling foothills of northern Ca.

Thanks Guys

When I was in a condo For trunked systems I used this indoor antenna setup - it's an old lamp stand with a pvc pipe fitted to it, and yagi mounted. It becomes directional by turning the stand.

Attachments

• Inside beam2.jpg
    Inside beam2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 295

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
If you have a enough room, a AntennaCraft ST2 near the window would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.