Always receiving? I certainly don't hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocTr

Hey there, this is my first post here, so pardon me if I do something wrong. Anyway, my friend has a Wouxun KG-UVD1P which after a year is throwing a problem. It seems that on every-other frequency in his bank, it thinks that it's receiving when infact it's not. I have the same frequencies as him in my Uniden Bearcat BC125AT, and it does not do this. So what's wrong with his radio? Does he need a new one? Thanks in advance! :)

DPD1

I'm not very familiar with that model. Does it have a scan mode, and you're saying it keeps stopping on channels, even if no signal is there? If you hear no signal at all, then it probably has something wrong with it.

DocTr

It does have a scan mode. What I've noticed is that it only does this with the higher power frequencies. It will stop scanning when it thinks it's receiving something, when it's not. Like if someone had an open mic on the other end, no talking, no noise. Just open. Except, that's not the case. The radio seems to think that though.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
The wouxun is one lousy scanner, in fact, it is NOT a scanner. Maybe it has been set up wrong to scan and is set up to stop on a busy frequency. Or one is hitting the transmit button. Or squelch set too low. Anyhow, it is all poorly explained RTFM, although not well.

N8IAA

Hey there, this is my first post here, so pardon me if I do something wrong. Anyway, my friend has a Wouxun KG-UVD1P which after a year is throwing a problem. It seems that on every-other frequency in his bank, it thinks that it's receiving when infact it's not. I have the same frequencies as him in my Uniden Bearcat BC125AT, and it does not do this. So what's wrong with his radio? Does he need a new one? Thanks in advance! :)

Reset the radio to manufacturers default specs and reprogram the radio. Get the free software off of the internet and use it to put the frequencies in and set the parameters of the radio. See if that works. I've never used mine in scan mode. That's what I have scanners for.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Not all sites are going to carry all traffic...
If that were the case every site would need 100 Frequencies.

You do realize that he is talking about a dual band ham transceiver that is being used as a scanner? Trunking has not even been mentioned.
Larry

DocTr

Well I figured out how to reset the radio back to factory. I did that, and the unit still does this! What is wrong this thing? Anybody got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.