Noob from memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Names Patrick. I have a uniden 180 bearcat scanner. Just picked it up from a pawn shop today for a cool $30 with a sweet pie of head phones for NASCAR races as well. Anyone that can help me figure this out to listen to local police and ems would be sweet. Thanks

doublescan

Is that an older, analog only scanner? If so, you may be out of luck with listening to Memphis PD. Check the database page for your state/city and you'll see the freq information for local pd and fire/ems services. Most of the larger cities now are digital radio systems that older scanners can't receive. And some now can't be received by any scanner!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Welcome to RadioReference. I believe that scanner was designed for racetrack use but you may be able to receive other stuff in your area.

Items in blue and underlined are links:

SC180 - The RadioReference Wiki

Your scanner will not track a trunked system which Memphis/Shelby uses. Try entering the other frequencies in the link below. I see a lot of fire alerting frequencies such as 852.30000 Fire Vocal Alarm & Station Alerting, 154.23500 Fire Primary Battalion & Ambulance Paging, 855.23750 Fire - Vocal Alarm, 154.31000 Germantown Fire Dispatch Simulcast, etc. and a lot of hospital stuff.

Shelby County, Tennessee (TN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Any frequency not part of a trunked system or using a mode of P25 you should be able to listen to, provided you are within range. Not much, but a place to start with what you have.

Also that scanner may have a search mode where you can search for whatever is out there.

Also note the County Quick Jumps at the top of the page. You could also check the database for your surrounding counties/cities for non-digital/non-trunked frequencies.

And of course it is a great race scanner if you go to races or live near a track.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. After research from the link db it seems I won't be able to use it as a police or ems scanner. I'll use it for NASCAR races instead. So thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.