What channels to load?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcy351

Hi everyone, Have recently put a new radio in my car (GME tx3540) Want to put the police channels in for my local area. I have all the software and cables i need just dont know what the frequencies are?

Looking for Mareeba, Atherton and Cairns mainly. Any help or links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

QDP2012

Welcome to RR,

Hi everyone, Have recently put a new radio in my car (GME tx3540) Want to put the police channels in for my local area. I have all the software and cables i need just dont know what the frequencies are?

Looking for Mareeba, Atherton and Cairns mainly. Any help or links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

If the communities you mention are in Queensland, Australia, then it seems that the RR DB for that area is still new and does not have much information, yet. I did not find information for the communities you listed. But, maybe the RRDB link for Queensland will give you a place to start looking. It is:

State of Queensland Radio Reference

Hope this helps,

WB4CS

Pulling up the owners manual for that radio (manual here) it appears that the extra receive only channels can be programmed from only between 403 to 520 MHz. Your local police departments would have to be using frequencies in that range, and only on analog FM.

You may want to make a post in the Australia Radio Forum here at RR, but unfortunately it looks like there has not been any activity in that forum.

I'm not sure how friendly the police departments are there, you might have some luck contacting the police departments and asking if they can provide you the needed frequencies to listen in.

Good luck!

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hi darcy351 and welcome to RR. In the future it would be helpful for the members that wish to answer your question, if you would include more specific details of your location.

If QDP guessed your location correctly, it's likely due to the fact he lives there or is familiar with the area.

The more details you provide, the easier to give an answer.

Again, welcome.

Russell ;)

N8IAA

Thanks.

Knowing your posts are moderated, and you are reading replies, go to the RR database and look under Australia. There are lots of frequencies. But, my suggestion is getting a scanner that does P-25 and also is programmable in the 75MHz range. A 396XT or 996XT would work. It seems that most of the trunked systems can not be monitored by any scanner on the market. Seems you got a great radio for CB, and wanted to have it do double duty.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.