Cheap scanner to stream with

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottybo14

What's a decent, but cheap, scanner to stream a feed to RR with? I have the Pro 106 but don't want it tied up to one freq. The signal will be analog.

I'd like to stick to Radio Shack since I have the programming cable. What others are compatible?

Last edited:

n5ims

What's a decent, but cheap, scanner to stream a feed to RR with? I have the Pro 106 but don't want it tied up to one freq. The signal will be analog.

That would depend on what you were attempting to stream. If it was conventional analog, a very old $5 thrift store scanner would do just fine. If it was one of the various trunked analog systems, you'd need to find a scanner that's compatible with that kind of system. Be aware that if the trunked system had been rebanded, you'd need a scanner that can work on a rebanded system. Often times these can be found for not much as well, but since they're newer, they may be a bit more than that $5 thrift store find.

Perhaps if you posted a link from the RR database (or gave us some specific information on) what you want to stream, we can give you some more specific information on a good scanner you could use.

Nasby

If you want a PRO-163, go to digicircle.com. They have em' new for much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.