Questions About Antenna and Batteries BC125AT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason4525

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone just got my very 1st scanner Uniden BC125AT

To sum this up I think I need a upgrade antenna I have no clue about them my problem is I am getting big time interference with it and bad reception I live in a concrete APT Think that's the reason. if someone can give a recommendation for one I like to hear Ham and Police, My county is all analog

Only antenna I was reading about was Diamond RH77CA but have no clue lol

Also Batteries I hate this USB charger would a eneloop charger set be safe for this scanner

Thanks

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Well I use the same scanner and have two different antennas one for mobile and one for home use. The mobile one is one I brought at Radio Shack and the other at home is a ST 3 antenna which works very well with the BC125AT. I use the batteries that came with it and charge it on my computer, in my car or on a home plug. The guy at Radio Shack said you can use any rechargable battery as long as its within the specs of the radio.The display model had different batterries then the ones that come with it.

N8IAA

Also Batteries I hate this USB charger would a eneloop charger set be safe for this scanner

Yes to the charger. It is not recommended to charge the batteries in the scanner. Too many horror stories about that:( I use an Austin Spectra on a NMO magmount for my 125 in the house. Believe it or not, the antenna that came with the radio works with the scanner when being carried around.
HTH,
Larry

N8IAA

Well I use the same scanner and have two different antennas one for mobile and one for home use. The mobile one is one I brought at Radio Shack and the other at home is a ST 3 antenna which works very well with the BC125AT. I use the batteries that came with it and charge it on my computer, in my car or on a home plug. The guy at Radio Shack said you can use any rechargable battery as long as its within the specs of the radio.The display model had different batterries then the ones that come with it.

I believe that he may have a problem with installing a large outdoor antenna in his apartment:)
Larry

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone just got my very 1st scanner Uniden BC125AT

To sum this up I think I need a upgrade antenna I have no clue about them my problem is I am getting big time interference with it and bad reception I live in a concrete APT Think that's the reason. if someone can give a recommendation for one I like to hear Ham and Police, My county is all analog

Only antenna I was reading about was Diamond RH77CA but have no clue lol

Thanks

Move the scanner. Also, get a RadioShack center load telescoping antenna. Works great!

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103159

Then, read this:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/radio-shack/ht-accs/rs-20-006-antenna.pdf

For batteries, get some lithium AA batteries, or get a micro USB Motorola charger. It runs off of that, no batteries needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.