Radio System Basics Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Radio 101 for ESF 2

This video does a fairly good job at describing the types of radio systems and how they work. Understanding the material presented is key to understanding how to program any scanner.

jaffray

Thank you! I enjoyed watching this video. I like the summarized trouble-shooting tips, but would have liked more details on some specific types of equipment used in each role. For example, the specific radios that might operate as a repeater or a trunk.

evedropper

Premium Subscriber
Wow, for a "101" video I had to start and stop the video so I could look up some of the terms used. I learned a ton of stuff just in the first minute of the video. Its a massive amount of info packed into a short time span. Thank you

kennyblues

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
They must have changed the protocols to prevent viewing.
All the videos and powerpoint presentations are at Public Safety Technical Assistance Tools Website

Only ones that will work though are the ones that use Microsoft Powerpoint software included in Microsoft office. Those are the ones with the .ppsx extension.
In powerpoint, pressing the F5 button, goes full screen then you can use the up-down arrows to proceed through the screens.

Don't have powerpoint? You can install openoffice or download the free powerpoint viewer from Microsoft - Download PowerPoint Viewer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Last edited:

StevenS

I have also clicked on the link and even tried the links listed in the earlier thread. It still appears to be blocked and denying access. I would love to check out the video. Has anyone been able to view it recently?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, see my comment 11, you will have to have PowerPoint, power point viewer or openoffice those links still work.

spuds_on

Premium Subscriber
Ronaldski the PowerPoint version you can download its the Radio 101 for ESF 2 large.wmv or Radio 101 for ESF 2.wmv you can't get. As i'm n a macbook i'd like the wmv files.

toolman0912

Premium Subscriber
hi just became a new member and just goe bcd 396 xt can anyone help me program it and tell me what serial cord i need and where to buy it toolman 912@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.