Buy/Sell/Trade on RadioReference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgVulpine

I was wondering if RadioReference is an appropriate forum to solicit the purchase or sales of used radio equipment. Eg, if I were interested in purchasing various models of scanners, either functioning or for parts, might I post an ad under the Scanners forum?

Thanks.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
There is a classified section in the blue menu bar near the too of the page...right next to the Wiki button. That is where you would find various scanners, radios & more.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if RadioReference is an appropriate forum to solicit the purchase or sales of used radio equipment. Eg, if I were interested in purchasing various models of scanners, either functioning or for parts, might I post an ad under the Scanners forum?

Thanks.

Classified ads are only allowed in the classified section, not in the general forums.

You must pay for a premium membership to post ads in the classified section.

AgVulpine

Hmm. It seems I did post a classifieds ad in 2008, but RadioReference now charges for this service? May I request my account get grandfathered in?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AgVulpine said:
Hmm. It seems I did post a classifieds ad in 2008, but RadioReference now charges for this service? May I request my account get grandfathered in?

Request? Yes, but I doubt it will happen. The requirement for paid membership was due to people getting ripped off. By needing a paid membership it creats a paper trail of the persons identity, so that if they rip people off they can be found.

AgVulpine

fxdscon: Yep, that's the one.

kayn1n: I'd be delighted to share my phone number and ham callsign with the moderators and anyone I make an exchange with. Honestly though, there are hundreds of Internet classifieds that do just-fine without a "paper trail".

I do think it funny the guy who I traded with on my old thread from 2008 got banned 6 months later. He made a pretty decent exchange with me; an antenna (mine) for a scanner (his). I still use that scanner daily, and would like to buy or trade for similar older-model scanners on the cheap.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
fxdscon:...

kayn1n: I'd be delighted to share my phone number and ham callsign with the moderators and anyone I make an exchange with. Honestly though, there are hundreds of Internet classifieds that do just-fine without a "paper trail".

While that is all fine and dandy, there were issues with a few D-Bags ripping people off. Lindsay made the decision to require premium membership to post classified ads, In order to get a premium membership you need a credit card... That way when someone is ripped off, and pursues legal action, they can find out who it is with a warrant for the CC records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n5ims

I believe that this site's policy is, as much as it can be done, only honest folks should use the classified section and if you're not one and use it anyway we will help to get you prosecuted. When the classifieds were open to anyone there was too many bad transactions (a small percentage of transactions, but even one was too many) and very little could be done to help those that were scammed. They changed the policy to help curb the scammers and provide a way to help those that were scammed if not get their item/cash back at least help them get justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.