Select One Favorite to Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

satvsys

I got BCD536 a couple of days ago and have set up 3 favorites with more coming. One of the three is a simple CB Channel 19 Favorite. When scanning this favorite usually has no activity and the scanning of the more populated Favorites continues. I have put this in for interstate backups to listen to truckers who can usually pass on which lane is best. So my question is how to I select this favorite to monitor and stop all other scanning?

Right now turning the other 2 off is one way, but as I add more favorites this will take longer. I have given this Favorite a tag of 19.

Ken D

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I just took a look at some conventional frequencies I have in my 436 and was surprised to see no option to set an "Infinite" delay. My memory sucks, so don't hold me to this, but I seem to recall that my 796D had this. You could set up a channel on the scanner so that it would scan past it if there was no activity but if it had activity it would hold on it forever until you pressed SCAN again.

That being said, as chatty as truckers usually are on channel 19, I bet you could set that delay to 30 seconds and the scanner would sit on that channel all day long. :) I'd give that a try.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.