Source for Decent Used Scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taspencer

Am looking for a good source for a decent, used Trunk Tracking IV (or equivalent) scanner. Ebay seems overpriced. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

Ive used EBAY for many purchases..Buy from sellers with good feedback and you will be pleased..\

Got all my radio's from there and have not had any issues with D-O-A..And after searching and waitng I always got good deals..Better then what Ive seen listed elsewhere.Its an auction site so BuyNows may be inflated,but usually the auction's stay reasonable..Just dont get into a whizzing contest and know when to walk away..

the short list,

AOR 8200 MK3
Pro106
PSR500
PSR800
PSR310
396XT
996XT
Couple Baofengs..
XTS3K

a few car stereos,
radar detectors,
several GPS units

PayPal covers against fraud,

Again,,Just use sellers with good Feedback and Shop Around..

Good Luck!

Last edited:

stardog01

I suspect that people like me who bought a scanner but can't figure out how to use it might be good sources for barely used scanners. I'm getting extremely frustrated with my 396XT.

mikepdx

Craigslist often has them dirt cheap and you can try B4 you buy.
Check daily.

Thrift stores and flea markets are good, too
I just grabbed a Pro-96 P25 scanner
in very good shape for $7.99 - No lie.

Much luck!

KW4HKY

I suspect that people like me who bought a scanner but can't figure out how to use it might be good sources for barely used scanners. I'm getting extremely frustrated with my 396XT.

Why? FREE SCAN is just that, free software and the cable comes with the scanner. You do have to subscribe to Radio Reference. $19

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

stardog01

Why? FREE SCAN is just that, free software and the cable comes with the scanner. You do have to subscribe to Radio Reference. $19

I downloaded FreeScan, but it won't connect to my scanner. The ARC software that I have will connect with my scanner. But even with Arc software it makes no sense to me. I'm trying to program a few simple frequencies for an upcoming airshow. Not even complicated trunking frequencies. But I can't figure out how to get a single frequency into the scanner. Been working at it for hours but can't make any progress.

KW4HKY

Choose your state. Choose trunking or conventional. Choose your county. Select the frequency you want. Import it.

Connect and choose send to radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.