does the home patrol one get P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebxb

hey guys,
noobie here
i just bought & spent the whole day buying & programming a new uniden bc125at handheld.

i can't even get wx!
my local PD's use P25 / digital/ trunking I cant receive these .
my primary goal is civil air monitoring but each airport is 4 miles at least distance and I'm not even getting ATIS
I'm going to return this unit.
Will a uniden home patrol one do what fit my needs???

thx in advance

joeuser

The Wretched
hey guys,
noobie here
i just bought & spent the whole day buying & programming a new uniden bc125at handheld.

i can't even get wx!
my local PD's use P25 / digital/ trunking I cant receive these .
my primary goal is civil air monitoring but each airport is 4 miles at least distance and I'm not even getting ATIS
I'm going to return this unit.
Will a uniden home patrol one do what fit my needs???

thx in advance

The BC125AT will do everything except P25, the HP-1 will do P25.

Voyager

ATIS often doesn't travel 4 miles. Usually the range is less than 1 mile on the ground.

You should get WX on the 125.

Yes, the HP-1 will receive P25 as well as the other modes.

mikebxb

thx I actually DID get ATIS from KACT but I had to hold the unit up in the air, Then I messed with the close call thing & lost even that...

joeuser

The Wretched
ATIS often doesn't travel 4 miles. Usually the range is less than 1 mile on the ground.

You should get WX on the 125.

Yes, the HP-1 will receive P25 as well as the other modes.

Well it won't get other modes! It will not get P25 phase 2 for example or TRBO...

Voyager

Well it won't get other modes! It will not get P25 phase 2 for example or TRBO...

And neither does the 125.

Let me restate my original comment more clearly so you can understand it...

Yes, the Uniden HomePatrol HP-1 will receive P25 (original P25, not P25 Phase II) as well as the other modes that the Uniden BC-125AT will receive.

Nowhere in there did I say or imply that the HP-1 would receive Phase II or TRBO. Same for the 125. I think most people understood I was talking about the "other modes" that the 125 would receive.

(although I know you were just posting to be a smart donkey)

joeuser

The Wretched
And neither does the 125.

Let me restate my original comment more clearly so you can understand it...

Yes, the Uniden HomePatrol HP-1 will receive P25 (original P25, not P25 Phase II) as well as the other modes that the Uniden BC-125AT will receive.

Nowhere in there did I say or imply that the HP-1 would receive Phase II or TRBO. Same for the 125. I think most people understood I was talking about the "other modes" that the 125 would receive.

(although I know you were just posting to be a smart donkey)

I understood fine but the OP might not have and to avoid confusion or bad info... Wait, I'll save the keystrokes...

Because people have the right to complete info, not just "XX model works fine on xx systems". That's what causes most of these "XX model doesn't work well on XX system" complaints.

If you want to know if XX model will work well on YY system, get answers from people using XX model ON YY system.

The blanket statement of "GRE PSR 800 does well with simulcast also" is misleading and false for all simulcast systems. Why waste the keystrokes? To combat bad info.

Blah, blah, blah... Get me now?

Voyager

Understood. I thought I made it clear enough that the "other modes" was talking about the modes the 125 receives.

Let's put it this way: The HP-1 will receive all the modes the 125 can, plus it can receive and decode P25 Phase I. Better?

joeuser

The Wretched
Understood. I thought I made it clear enough that the "other modes" was talking about the modes the 125 receives.

Let's put it this way: The HP-1 will receive all the modes the 125 can, plus it can receive and decode P25 Phase I. Better?
Yes, but I think you missed the point I was trying to convey, maybe... IDK...
Have a good weekend

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
In brief: ANY “digital” scanner will, by definition, receive P25 (though Phase 1 only, unless it is one of t he newer scanners that will also receive Phase 2).

Voyager

Not completely accurate. Some Radio Shack scanners are marketed as 'digital' but that only means digitally controlled, not capable of receiving digital modes. But, any scanner capable of digital modes should receive Phase I P25 and as you stated newer ones will do Phase II P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.