Police Channel Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwccity

I'm a new scanner owner (BCD996XT) and have a question regarding issues I'm facing trying to pick up my local police signal.

I've configured the scanner using FreeScan and RR import functions for my city/county. I'm able to successfully receive channels for the county sheriff and fire fighters along with a nearby military base but my local police frequencies only give an annoying, rattle-gun sound (best way I can describe it).

The county I'm in is all analog and I'm about a mile from the police station so I'm assuming it's not a signal strength issue. Is it likely the signal is being scrambled or is there some other factor I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any info you could provide.

jfhtm350

453.7500. California City Police has an analog narrowband and Motorola Turbo designator on their license. It is possible they switched and no one updated the database.

You could program in the PL tone 131.8 to eliminate the digital noise and hope they transmit on analog.

bwccity

453.7500. California City Police has an analog narrowband and Motorola Turbo designator on their license. It is possible they switched and no one updated the database.

You could program in the PL tone 131.8 to eliminate the digital noise and hope they transmit on analog.

Thanks for the info. I have the PL tone set but apparently it's not helping. It's been pretty frustrating since listening to the local PD was the primary reason for the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.