Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjhane

Hello...new here, just a question ..I just bought a bcd486hp because my old scanner wouldn't receive the new P25 channels in Manchester, ct.

I have my favorites list downloaded, gave it a tag, start up key..all that stuff. when I turn off scanner, press the start up key, and turn it on, it says nothing to scan. Ive been through the manual..but now my head is spinning from everything in it and I don't know how to make it work. Can someone give me an easy rundown on how to get my favorites list scanning?

thanks so much!!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello...new here, just a question ..I just bought a bcd486hp because my old scanner wouldn't receive the new P25 channels in Manchester, ct.

I have my favorites list downloaded, gave it a tag, start up key..all that stuff. when I turn off scanner, press the start up key, and turn it on, it says nothing to scan. Ive been through the manual..but now my head is spinning from everything in it and I don't know how to make it work. Can someone give me an easy rundown on how to get my favorites list scanning?

thanks so much!!
Start Sentinel
Then select "Edit Profile" either from the drop-down Edit menu, or use the shortcut icon. That's the one that looks like a pencil over a piece of tablet paper, right under the V in View.

In your profile, you'll see two columns on the left.
One is labeled as "Download", the other as "Monitor". Both must say "On" for the list to be both downloaded to the scanner from Sentinel, and for that list to scan at Start-up by default.

To check on the scanner:
Press Menu (the bottom key on the left side of the scanner)
Then scroll to Set Scan Selection
Press "E" (yes) to select
Scroll to Select Lists to Monitor
Press "E" (yes) to select
Scroll to the name of your Favorites list.
If the entry shows as "Off", that's why your scanner says "nothing to scan".
Note that the two menu items after 'Select Lists' are to turn all lists off, or all of them On.

Note that if you are also using Location Control, the Favorites list must have entries in range for the location you set. In the Profile editor, you can tell the scanner whether of not to use Location Control for east Favorites list.

Voyager

A few things to check:

1. Make sure the Service Type you assigned to those channels is enabled.

2. Make sure you are pressing the start-up key on start-up. My recommendation would be to not use a start-up key unless you specifically need it.

3. Make sure any Quick Keys assigned are enabled.

4. Make sure DOWNLOAD is ON for that FL

5. Make sure you wrote the scanner after creating the data.

6. Make sure the MONITOR is ON for that list. In the scanner, press MENU, SET SCAN SELECTION, SELECT LISTS TO MONITOR, and make sure the list you want to scan is ON.

OK, that's more than a few - but try them.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A few more things if the above don't resolve the issue:

1. Be sure nothing is avoided - if you want to avoid (lockout) things you can do that later once you get a better handle on how the scanner works.

2. Be sure Location Control is set to "Off". Again something else to tinker with later on.

Also, most all of us have had to go through the frustrating learning curve. These scanners are pretty complex, especially when you do Favorites Lists. Once you spend a little time with the scanner and feeling free to post questions as you have, things will fall into place.

kjhane

It was in the Sentinal software, on the Download and Monitor that heigtx mentioned at the top of this thread. Download was on, Monitor was off. Turned it on, re-downloaded my favorites list..and tadaaaa...there it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.