Programming BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks. I am getting quite confused trying to learn how to program my local police into my new scanner. I have found the uniden user manual to be useless, even the easy version was difficult for me.

I am trying to program " Police region A talk group" from here https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6739

I would really appreciate if someone could give me step by step instructions. It would be a huge help!

P.S. i cannot use any programming software because I have only a mac

whisper16

Welcome to RR

The BCT15x is a analog only scanner. The radio system you referenced is a digital phase II system. Your scanner can't receive digital systems. In addition, the talkgroup you mentioned is encrypted. There is no scanner available that will receive encrypted transmissions as it is illegal.

N8IAA

Hello folks. I am getting quite confused trying to learn how to program my local police into my new scanner. I have found the uniden user manual to be useless, even the easy version was difficult for me.

I am trying to program " Police region A talk group" from here https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6739

I would really appreciate if someone could give me step by step instructions. It would be a huge help!

P.S. i cannot use any programming software because I have only a mac

You will need to get a newer Phase II digital scanner. There are some in the RR For Sale forum. Such as, RS Pro-668, PSR-800, Uniden 325P2, 996P2.
FreeScan has a beta for the Uniden's. It does work on Mac's.
Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Ah, but no scanner can handle all the cops stuff that's encrypted - fire/ems seems fine, but it looks like that system is pretty much locked down for everything else...Mike

You will need to get a newer Phase II digital scanner. There are some in the RR For Sale forum. Such as, RS Pro-668, PSR-800, Uniden 325P2, 996P2.
FreeScan has a beta for the Uniden's. It does work on Mac's.
Larry

Where could i find this beta. I have looked all over their site and have found nothing :/

Status
Not open for further replies.