Software for BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3UK

What software, if any would be the best to program the BCD396XT, preferably software that can use the CSV files from RadioReference, and make life easy?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Bob

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Freescan (freeware), ProScan and ARC XT.

Life is even easier than using CSV files. Any of these programs will import data directly from the RR database, since you are a premium subscriber.

A piece of cake!

VE3UK

Freescan (freeware), ProScan and ARC XT

When you say import directly, is there anything else I will have to do, or once it imports it to the scanner, I should be ready to use it?

Of the three software packages, is there one that you prefer? Or one that seems to work the best?

Thank you for your help.

Bob

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
No additional action is needed to program the imported data into the scanner. (A user may want to edit the channel tag, change them to upper case, or center justify them, but that is optional/user preference).

It may take you some time, patience and practice to get comfortable with downloading data. But once you get the hang of it, you be very happy.

Personally I prefer the ARC XT program by Butel. That's because I've used other programs from Butel for other scanners. It pretty much as come down to "comfort and familiarity".

I have used Freescan and Proscan. They are good programs and get the job done. Judging by many other posts I've seen, Freescan is a very popular program.

Probably comes down to the same thing as whether someone likes Fords, Chevrolets or Dodges.

Zamson25

Premium Subscriber
Where can I download the free software? My friend wants me to program this thing, not too user friendly.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
When you say import directly, is there anything else I will have to do, or once it imports it to the scanner, I should be ready to use it?

Of the three software packages, is there one that you prefer? Or one that seems to work the best?

Thank you for your help.

Bob

I for one don't prefer any particular one but I use all three. Of course Free Scan is FREE and the other two are not.

teufler

File for Lakeshore area.

here is a Freescan file for your area. It is zipped, per RR requirements so any unzip utility will work.

Attachments

• lakeshore ontario.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 89

teufler

Freescan, I don't know if its available for the "fruit" software . ArcXT, arc96, Freescan are all pretty easy to run. Each has alittle something that the others do not have .I progran Unidens, an GRE\Whistlers with Arc500. Object Oriented programing to me, I have to take a step back and think before I assenble a file. Freescan, to me is easier. I miss number keys, which you can do with Uniden but so far, its not available with a GRE\Whistler yet. Number keys are about as close as you can get to the old bank scanners . ,

Status
Not open for further replies.