Why are my frequencies changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye2099

Premium Subscriber
I am new to scanning, I am trying to set up a talk group, Motorola Type II. As I enter the local frequencies some of the change when I hit save. I have not been able to get my talk group working! Can anyone help? I am using RadioShack Pro 651

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
If you are new to scanning, I can't suggest more strongly that you not even begin to try to manually program your radio. The best, easiest, and most likely to succeed method is to use one of the several programs available to set up the radio (I use WIN500) and use the Radioreference database to import the systems you want to hear.

QDP2012

I am new to scanning, I am trying to set up a talk group, Motorola Type II. As I enter the local frequencies some of the change when I hit save. I have not been able to get my talk group working! Can anyone help? I am using RadioShack Pro 651

It might be a "Step" problem. If you haven't activated the FlexStep feature, you might want to try it so that the smallest step possible is used. For more info, please read the related section of the Easier To Read Manual.

Link: ETRM: FlexStep .

Hope this helps,

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber

Can you give us a couple of examples of what you are trying to enter?

What system are you trying to monitor?

Hawkeye2099

Premium Subscriber
For example I will try and enter 141.350 and it will change to 141.375. I am not sure why it is doing it but it is changing 5 outta 10 frequency for the talk group I'm trying to set up

Status
Not open for further replies.